Does anyone have any advice for me on how to get a picky eater to eat!!! I feel like Braxton only eats cereal (special K), turkey slices, mac and cheese, fruit, chicken nuggets, etc... I try to give him new things but he won't even try them and I know he would like them! What do I do???!!!!
4 comments:
haha i'm totally with you! luke won't eat anything either. if something has one little speck of parsley or something he'll say, "i don't want that, it has salad on it." i just bought that "deceptively delicious" cookbook but i haven't tried any of the recipes yet...i'll let you know how it goes!
I was pretty impressed that Braxton would eat that much. Zach pretty much just likes milk with an occassional cracker. I think it's just the age (or at least I tell myself that). I figure someday Zach will realize there is better food out there than club crackers.
I tried a recipe from that Deceptively Delicious cookbook and Zach wouldn't eat it, let alone Brandon. Brandon kept asking me why there were carrots in his spaghetti. I hope others' experience is better.
I've got to tell you my story of when Cara was young. I don't know if you (Kacie) were born yet, but Cara refused to eat veggies (she is MUCH more adventurous now, thanks to Kash). In some parenting magazine it talked about how to incorporate more veggies, so there was a recipe of cooked carrots mixed in with ice cream. It actually didn't taste bad, but then I have always liked carrots, in whatever form. I guess you can figure out the end of the story, since I no longer make ice cream with cooked carrots in it - Cara wouldn't eat it, either! I am actually very amazed at what Braxton will eat, and the only thing to do is to make sure the ADULTS are eating their veggies and fruit, and he eventually will also. Remember when Ryan Hurst would only eat McDonald's or waffles? When he was here last he loved shrimp scampi, so there is always hope. Just expose him to lots of choices, try to not give too many treats to spoil appetite, and be a good example yourself. Steve and I were actually happy that no one used to like asparagus, because that meant more for us!
Hey Kacie,
I love your blog page you have so many cute pictures on here, and Braxton is getting soo big!! Truthfully I feel the same way you do, Linley is five and is still picky with foods. She use to love Ramen Noodles, Cream of Mushroom Soup, Spaghetti and Chicken Noodles just to name a few things, but now she hates those foods! She now loves cottage cheese, Chicken, and even broccoli. At least she is choosing healthier foods as her favorites now. I think most toddlers love mainly carb type foods but sooner or later naturally as their bodies grow and need different nutrients their tastes will change too. Ha I remember when I hated tomatoes and onions and meatloaf and chicken salad and now at almost 25 I like them!!... Good luck to you!
Post a Comment