Thursday, November 6, 2008

Demolition Derby and Playing in the Snow!




This week we started construction on our basement. We figured we need to get our basement finished before baby #2 comes so she has somewhere to sleep!!! We decided before we started framing that we wanted to cut into the cement under our front porch and create a cold storage/safe. So we have had endless days of rattling with jackhammers and saws to cut through this huge slab of concrete only to find it is filled with dirt!!!! So now we get to haul all the dirt out! What a fun project!!! (j/k) Then Brandon's dad found us a vault door that we are going to put on it! We are way excited because we always wanted a room to keep our important documents safe, be a gun safe, and a place to put food storage and cold storage! It should be neat when it is all finished!




This was one of Braxton's first experiences with snow (last year he was too litte to even remember) We got some snow and by the time we went out to play in it it was almost all gone!!! So we had to go in the shade in the backyard to play. We got Brax all bundled up and sent him out! He loved to eat the snow! He also was cleaning off his trike so he could ride it! It reminded me of having to scrape off windows just to go anywhere! So we are creating a future Idahoan snow driver already! He had a blast!

7 comments:

ashley said...

awe Bubba is so dang cute! i like his little hat...! i miss you guys!

Adrienne and Darren said...

Looks like you have started a HUGE project with the basement. Good Luck. Braxton is so cute. I bet he loved the snow. Have a great week.

HartSki said...

Was it Al Capones vault? Remember the Heraldo show that was a big flop? Remember "don't eat yellow snow" and good luck with the project - I am glad its yours.

Adam and Dantzelle said...

Looks like you guys are getting to work~ Is Brandon doing it himself? I hope that you guys love Twilight and I am sad that I won't be there to go to the movies and make jewelry!! But we can make it when I get back! I think that I can get the Twilight DVD before it comes out on video so if it is good I will have to get everyone copies. I love the stuff you have already made! Yay that Callie and Erica are no more- this thursday is Ericas last episode. I am so glad that I have the internet so I don't feel SO disconnected. haha And of course Braxt looks so cute! I miss and love you all so much.

Stacy said...

That's so fun. Him and max will love to play in the snow together!! Good luck with the project, Cam should be coming up this week to help. Maybe by thanksgiving you will have made some progress to see!

Lisa said...

Kacie - what a big project - good thing you are preggers and shouldn't work too hard. Good luck with that. Braxton is so cute. We found his sippy cup and one of his socks, so we will bring it up when we come again. Love you guys!

Corynn said...

Braxton is seriously the cutest kid. I haven't looked at your blog in awhile. Just wanted to say hi and let you know I was here. Good luck with that project. Not fun! And not much time to get it done. Hope your feeling good. Your probably not so just bare through it. Good luck.