I just got this new assignment in our ward! I am in charge or arranging the play groups twice a month for our ward! I need some ideas on fun activities to do with kids! If you have any ideas, preferrably inside as the winter time is slowly approaching, then please e-mail them to me at kaciehanna@yahoo.com or write them in a comment! Thanks!
5 comments:
Activites we do in our play dates (inside): Go to a pet shop (check some out before hand - some are kid friendly, some are not), go to a museum up on campus, go to a spiritual bulding on campus (a great time to show kids church pictures), Krispy Kream (to watch them make doughnuts), mcdonalds (obviously). Good luck - hope it helps.
Hey Kacie- It's great to hear from you. Things are going really well. Congrats on your up coming baby. Sorry I don't have any play date ideas. :(
A lady in my ward just started a mom's group - I'll keep you updated on their adventures,
1. They just went to the firehouse and saw the fire trucks and the firemen were super nice. That could be an idea.
2. They also made bows and headbands for their girls which everyone loved.
3. They go to the park every week and to story time at the library also.
4. They also called a pizza place and they let the kids come in and make their own pizza, so maybe just start calling businesses and see what they are willing to let kids do. They have a blast out here, when I hear of more, I'll keep you updated.
At our playgroup, we would rotate houses and sometimes just get out all the toys and let the kids play or watch a movie. Go on long walks with the kids. Frost cookies at the holidays. Finger painting (for a smaller group). Make paper bag puppets and do a puppet show. I second the fire station and police station as well. Start a babysitting coop. Good luck - that is a great calling and a great way to get to know the other moms in your area.
Our ward has summer activities, some have included: spray park, Petting zoo at - the name escapes me, but south of town on the old highway, something like bott's berry farm or whatever. Riding bikes along the park paths. Playing at various playgrounds in town. Swimming in Jackson Hole or Green Canyon or Heise. Getting yogurt at Millhollow Yogurt or frozen custard at Florence's. Floating the canals. Painting rocks for prayer rocks. Decorating pillowcases for Halloween trick or treats. Having a trunk or treat in the parking lot of church.(decorate trunks, have kids walk around) Make peanut butter playdough (with pwdr sugar and pwdr milk) and let kids play as if playdough then eat. Make regular playdough - each mom makes a different color then shares. I used to have a catalog of fun things for kids to do - go online and search.
Post a Comment