Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Palmyra Day 2

We went to the Printing Press that printed the Book of Mormon. What a neat experience to hear all that went into printing the Book of Mormon. It was not easy for them, they suffered so many trials and persecutions, and the process took them so long, yet they came out triumphant and rose above the persecutions to bring forth this book which I cherish and am so grateful for. We visited both Joseph Smith's framed and log house. It was so beautiful there and so peaceful. You could feel the spirit all around to each site we visited.







I can't remember the numbers but the Smith's harvested the Maple from all the maple trees in the forests around and made sugar and maple syrup.

















4 comments:

Chase & Megan said...

I wish my pictures looked like yours!;) I love the picture with Casey and McKinley... So cute.

Cathy Hanna said...

The pictures are fabulous as always. We have got to make a book on our trip. This fall maybe you can come to the Heritage work nights with me. That would be fun(for me)

Stacy said...

wow, you got some great pictures. It seems like we were there so much longer than we really were. It really touches you to see the actual places we learned about all growing up. Especially the house they lived in. I am so glad we went!

Adrienne and Darren said...

gorgeous pictures!!! I love the one of my mom and McKinley and the maple leaf.