Thursday, June 25, 2009

Lifeguards

Today I am grateful for the lifeguard-why you ask? Well today I went swimming with my kiddos. McKinley was sleeping and Brax was playing in an inflatable boat-USUALLY i don't leave him in the water in it without being close by but today I thought he has been in it twice for long periods of time and had no trouble, well today I went to lay down and catch some rays-I was about to get in when I stopped to talk to Dantzelle taking my eyes off of the water-next thing we know we hear this splash and I look over to find the lifeguard pulling my drowning son out of the water! Holy Cow what was I thinking leaving him in there?! Needless to say he is ok and is still not scared of the water, but I am terrified so I bought him a life jacket! Just a little reminder to everyone to not take your eyes off of your kids for a second! I am very grateful to the lifeguard-I think he deserves some cookies or something what do you think? Not quite equal-cookies for my son's life but hey it's the best I can do without looking like a crazy person.

16 comments:

Stacy said...

Atleast the life guard this year is alert and attentive! Last year I don't think they would have been paying attention! We are glad he is safe!

Crafty Cowgirl said...

ur so sweet! I'm sure he will love the cookies.
Now the life jacket that I helped get out of ur car makes sense lol! I'm so happy that Brax is ok- he's such a cutie!

Melissa (Murdoch) McKinley said...

oh my gosh!! how scary! and i bet it was scarier for you than it was for brax! i was freaked out the other day when the lifeguard wasn't there! and i'm sure the cookies will be very appreciated. :)

Candace said...

That is so scary! I'm glad to know the lifeguard can swim! I don't think we've seen him in the pool until now! I'm so glad Brax is ok! Our boys love the pool!

The Sullengers said...

I'm so sorry Kacie - thank goodness for the lifeguard! I'm glad it didn't scare him of the water and I'm REALLY glad he's okay!

Lisa said...

Oh Kacie - that is so scary! Thanks for the reminder and I am glad that Brax is okay. He will love the lifejacket - they are my kids fave - gives them lots of independence and confidence.

Holly said...

I'm glad Braxton is okay. What a scary situation. Having the life jacket will be a good idea. And the lifeguard will love the cookies.

Cathy Hanna said...

Oh my goodness Kacie that is another heart attack situation. Sure thankful your both ok. That must of happened after I talked to you.

McKayl Lester said...

i am so glad braxt is ok i was SO scard when the lifegard jumped in i was freked out!!!!! my heart was racing i was having a heart atack when i saw he was swiming tords braxt i hope he like his life jaket and i think he would love some cokies you are the best i hope braxton will be more carefull by the water i hope he will stil swim i updated my blog and i want to say thank you to the lifegard. he is the best. he is so nice

Wiser Family said...

Scary! Don't feel too bad- the other day I had just got to the pool and was parking the stroller with Leah only to turn around(yes it was like 5 sec. maybe) to see Bridgette jumping in with her clothes on to save allie who was drowning! She had slipped off of a toy Lynley was playing with! I was so scared too and didn't know what to say or do next! I thought she was still walking behind me! Meanwhile the lifeguard was like 6 feet away just looking at us all! Good luck with the life jacket - Hopefully he'll wear it!

Adrienne and Darren said...

It's so scary what can happen in a couple seconds. Thank heaven for our lifeguard. I have to say, Mckyals post make me SMILE! She LOVES blogging.

Cherri said...

Close call, lesson learned, and cookies (or a nice cool slushie drink when going off duty) would be a great thankyou.

Its amazing sometimes that our children survive all life throws at them. We just a had a girl almost fall from a cliff at girls camp. She was rappeling and was all equipmented up and went over the edge, but hit loose rock and started to slide, and ended up taking her brake hand off the rope to grab the edge of the cliff, so she was just dangling from her fingertips. Luckily the guide at the top rappelled down to save her! You do your best, and pray!

uniquelynat said...

i think the life guard, who sarah and i befriended, had to pull ephriam out twice last summer. not because i wasn't watching, but because the kids has no fear & ran away from me & jumped in.*sigh*
i am thankful for them as well. glad brax is ok. (& you too)

~*Summers Family Fun*~ said...

Oh, that is so scary! It happened once to Linley when she was little and I felt guilty for a long time! I hope you don't feel guilty though- I swear every mom has to deal with that at least once. In fact just the other day, when Jen Wiser was still here, her daughter fell in while Jen was busy with the baby, we got her out o.k. But it's scary when that happens!!

HartSki said...

My greatest fear in life - I always keep one eye on the kids. Someone told me once the body can go for days without water and weeks without food but only 3 minutes without air. Be safe and take a few minutes to review your surroundings and make sure you have safety equipment.

big_smartmouth said...

oh, we all love posha now! he's a miracle worker. i love how he pulled braxton out, and calmly walked over to his chair and sat down. what can i say? i have a place in my heart for ukrainians! =) glad to see braxton is not only safe, but also not afraid of the water now. i know i would be! good for him! and, yes, i agree w/ the cookies! great idea!