Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine's Day and a Brag

So this year I was in charge of Valentine's day. We had gone out to dinner and a movie on thursday while Brandon's mom was here to babysit and that was fun we went and saw Inkheart and it was better than I expected. So for Valentine's I was trying to plan things to do with the kids and we wanted to go to green canyon to swim but decided not to with McKinley still being so young. So instead we decided to go to Idaho Falls. My mom watched the kids (my dad is in tax season and is super busy!) and we went to Idaho Falls and went shopping (my favorite) Brandon got some shirts, a swim suit, and a pair of jeans. I got some jeans and some skinny leg jeans to wear with my new black boots!


Then we came home picked up the kiddos and made a steak dinner and it was so yummy and then Greg and Carly came over and we watched a movie! It was such a fun day, and it was nice to go on some dates! Thanks mom and Cathy we love you!


Now for the brag...

So most of you know that babies are hard. Especially when it comes to the no sleeping part. Well I just have to brag that McKinley is about the best baby ever. She is only 6 weeks and she hardly ever cries, she always wakes up so happy and is so smily all of the time! She takes a bottle when we need her to and then goes right back to nursing without thinking twice. She can go for 4 or 5 hours without eating if we are traveling or if she is being babysat. Then for the real brag part-she sleeps mostly through the night! Most nights we go to bed around 12 and she wakes up to eat at 7. Last night she went to bed with us at 12:30 and woke up at 9!!!! She is healthy and gets plenty to eat, or else I would start to worry, but she looks great! I remember with Braxton he woke up about every 3 hours so this is wonderful compared to him! I am so lucky to have her in my family and I'm very thankful for how wonderful of a baby she is! Sorry to brag, but I couldn't resist!

9 comments:

Greg and Carly said...

It was fun hanging out! And those boots are HOTT! You lucky girl, you look so great! I can't wait to go shopping again and buy regular clothing!

D Bulloch said...

First of all I love your boots. Second you are so lucky to have such adorable, great kids. I hope that my kids are as wonderful as yours.

Holly said...

I love to go shopping and especially when you actually find stuff you like. That's great about McKinnley sleeping's habbits. Carson still can only go about 5 hours. Maybe its a boy thing?

Jamie said...

wow - that is all I have to say - lucky! Brock was a good sleeper - 6 months in and we are still REALLY struggling with Noah.

The Sullengers said...

I hope our boy will be the same way - Kash keeps warning me though that with our personalities mixed, we will probably get a little hellion who refuses to be good. We will see. I think he will be an angel!

Lisa said...

Kacie - glad you guys get to go out without the kiddos! Pack it in now cuz summer is coming and no parents live in DC! That is so great about McKinley. Griff goes 7 hours, unfortunately it is from 7 pm - 2 am, so I am awake most of that time. If I could only switch it around to midnight to seven, I would be thrilled! Hey - when is your blessing. Keep us informed.

uniquelynat said...

so i have not been around to the blogs for a while. just playing catch up. so sorry this is sooo late, but- CONGRATULATIONS!!! your sweet girl is so cute! have fun in DC again this year. totally cute boots! happy valentine's day!

Alan and Heidi said...

i would brag too if i had her for a baby!!!!

Chris, Hailee and Braxon said...

That must be so nice to have her sleep so good! You deserve it! Braxon has only been sleeping through the night for about 6 months now haha. He did good when he was a newborn and the doc told me to wake him up every 4 hours and that threw him off. Never do that!! Well I hope everything's good for you guys and can't wait for this summer!